The Shard stands at 309.6 metres and is Western Europe’s tallest building.
Fitting then, that HALCO should be involved with such an iconic building,
It is often important from a structural and warranty aspect to ensure that buildings such as The Shard are not damaged or invalidated of their warranties by mechanically drilling into the structures.
The solution? – Very High Bond Tapes from HALCO.
Recent installations in The Shard have been made posible with HALCO Very High Bond Tapes which are strong enough to replace rivets, screws, bolts and welds! HALCO has supplied grey and transparent products for these projects and both tapes are manufactured with super-strength adhesive power for a permanent durable bond.
Did you know…
- The Shard is 95 storeys tall, with level 72 the highest habitable floor.
- The building is served by 36 lifts, some of which are double-decker.
- Its exterior is covered by 11,000 glass panels – equivalent in area to eight football pitches or two and a half Trafalgar Squares.
- The length of wiring in the building, 320km or 200 miles, would stretch from London to Paris.
- At the busiest point during its construction, 1,450 workers from 60 countries were helping to build The Shard.
- Lifts in The Shard travel at speeds of up to 6 metres a second.
- A fox was found on the 72nd floor towards the end of construction. The fox, which was nicknamed Romeo by staff, is believed to have survived on food left by construction workers.
Partner with HALCO today to reach new heights with your company.
Contact us today E: [email protected] or T: 0845 241 7526